Saturday, October 2, 2010

Adjustments to being a mommy...

Life as a new mommy is not something you can ever imagine.  When I first found out I was pregnant, I was not happy.  Not at all.  Well, mabey a little tiny bit, but mostly not.  I wasn't ready. Not even close.  Sure, I wanted children some day in the distant future, but not yet, not then.  I was in major denile.  Poor Aaron.  He is the one who convinced me to take a test because I was refusing to do so knowing that it would show the proof of what I already knew.  That morning was spent with me in tears and him telling me everything would be ok. 

We kept the news to ourselves for a few weeks because we had just found out about some other things going on in the family that were more concerning at the time and decided we would wait for doctor confirmation before we spread it around.

Telling everyone was an adventure and we will go into that at a different time if you really want to hear about it.

Fast forward almost a year later and I wouldn't change anything.  Becoming a mom is the best thing that has ever happened to me.  I can't imagine being anything other than what I am right now.  My life seemed so empty before Maxine got here.  It's a feeling that only parents can understand no matter how hard you try to explain it. 

Maxine is the center of my being. She is the reason for me to be here and she is my greatest accomplishment.  She is absolutely beautiful and I wouldn't change anything about her, even when she cries for hours on end for no apparent reason. 

I am still in my adjustment period from not working to being a stay at home mom.  I am absolutely blessed to be able to stay at home and take care of her full time.  I don't have to worry about daycare or babysitters, or who is around my child and what they are teaching her.  I absolutely love being there for her and catching her smiles, sleeping giggles, chuckles, and tears. 

It is a wonderful experience and I am very glad that I can share it with everyone!

Becca and Maxine

3 comments:

  1. love you chickie! Did you know I have a blog about being a mommy, too? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful blog! I'm so glad things are working out for you!

    ReplyDelete