Sunday, October 3, 2010

Bruce and his new home....

Today is a sad and happy day.  We finally took Bruce to his new home to be an outdoor kitty.  For those of you who don't know, Aaron brought Bruce home from the parking lot behind his job a few years agoand he became very attached to me and I to him.  I loved snuggling with him!   He would put his head under my chin and lay down my chest or next to me and just purr.  He's such a sweet kitty and I'm going to miss him very much.  Aaron and I tried everything we could think of to be able to keep him but we were fighting a losing battle.

My friend Melissa said she would take Bruce for us.  She has plenty of property for him to roam, another kitty to play with, a dog to pester and horses to watch.  We took him over this morning.  The trip there was not so much fun.  Maxine would cry when we the car wasn't moving and Bruce would cry when we were.  It was a symphony of sad sounds.  When we got there, we tempted Bruce with wet food, which he ignored, and set him free.  He ran around exploring and eating as much grass as his little tummy could hold.  He got to play and roll in the dirt, climb a tree, and stalk bugs all within the first few hours.  I was very happy that he was so happy.  Hopefully he and Luna will become fast friends!  I'm going to miss him, but he is so happy outside.

Maxine enjoyed her trip!  She got to see horses for the frist time and was very excited about it.  I held her while Melissa, Aaron and I fed them peppermints.  Definatly something she doesn't see everyday.  I'm hoping she loves horses just as much as I do and she's off to a great start.   

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to blog world! I'm happy to see you here. I'm glad things went well for Bruce's transition. I know he'll be happy playing outside. It's an adjustment for all of you but like you said - you're happy that he's happy. Love you guys xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry Bruce had to go away, but it sounds like he will be very happy there. Give Maxine a kiss for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this was a difficult decision for you and Aaron to make. I am happy that Melissa was able to take him for you. She is a special person too.

    ReplyDelete