Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The duck pond....

Today was an exciting day.  Maxine got up WAY to early (4:30) at first, but at least she went back to bed untill 9.  It made me very tierd for the day.  We had a good day though.  We got to have lunch with Mark and Lynne and they got to love on a baby. 
Aaron was off today so Maxine got to spend the day flirting and playing with her daddy.  It's really too cute!  She has special smiles that she saves just for him, and when he talks to her she smiles huge at him and hides her face for a momment just to keep him talking to her.  Everytime it almost makes me cry.  Aaron is just so amazing with her and loves her so much.  You can see it in the way he looks at her, talks to her, and holds her.  I'm so blessed to have a man who not only loves his daughter, but will do anything for her (including changing diapers!).  It makes me love him that much more. 

We went to the duck pond today and she loved it!  Maxine loves to look at animals!  She's going to be an animal lover just like her mommy and daddy.  As soon as we pulled into the parking lot, all the ducks came running!  They knew we had some bread for them!  She was just fascinated!  There were also some turtles in the pond that got a share too, one was HUGE!  She was looking at them and just soaking it all in.  I can't wait for her to be big enough to feed them too! (But take your time kiddo!!).  I will post some pictures once I get them loaded on the computer. 






Maxine has been putting herself to sleep now for the last few nights before her bedtime.  I'm still trying to decide if this is a good thing.  It's great that she's able to do that, but, the earlier she sleeps, the earlier she gets up and Mommy can never seem to get to sleep before midnight, and that's on a good night!  I'm making some leg warmers for Maxine and will hopefully have a pair done tomorrow.  Here's to hoping they turn out well!  I will have to stitch them by hand because I don't have a sewing machine.  Everyone keep your fingers crossed!
Love to all!

3 comments:

  1. I love that you're taking her to the duck pond! I used to take her daddy and aunt there too. We had so much fun playing on the swings and feeding the ducks - good memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She gets cuter every time I see her! Any plans this weekend? We need to take the kiddos to the park by your house and have a "play date". :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just dinner plans for sunday otherwise I am free right now so just let me know when! Maxine wants to see her future hubby!

    ReplyDelete