Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pumpkin patch and Halloween

It's been a busy week.  I'm not sure how the time passed so quickly or exactly everything I did.  Hmm.. I know their were things to do and places to go, but I just can't remember it all.  Mommy brain is in full effect.

I was washing dishes the other day and I realized that this Halloween will make 10 years since my grandmother died.  Wow.  I can't believe it.  I know its been that long, but it seems like it was just yesterday.  I miss her so much. It breaks my heart that she never got to meet Aaron, who has to be the most wonderful man, and my sweet Maxine.  I know she would have loved them both as much as I do.  Of course, when I start thinking about her, I start crying, which I hate to do (cry that is).  Ugh.  I just couldn't seem to stop.  I just miss all the things she used to do for us, the songs she would sing, going to the beach with her, and just being able to talk to her and hug her. 

We would spend weeks with her on the beach every year and no matter what beach we went to, or what time of year it was, she could find sand dollars.  Not just one. Not two.  Not 10 or 20, but 100s.  Every time without fail.  I always asked her how she managed to do this because I could never find any or if I did it was one here and there, and her response was she could smell them.  Now, on the rare occasions that I manage to get to the beach when life doesn't get in the way, I always look for a sand dollar.  When I find one, I know she is there with me. 

So, while thinking of all these things about her, I decided I wanted to make Halloween a happy holiday again instead of being so miserable.  I'm not sure how it's going so far, but I'm working on it.  We ordered Maxine a costume, Princess Leia, and went to a pumpkin patch today.  Maxine got so excited at the pumpkin patch!  She was looking at everything and just cooing and talking away.  We picked out our pumpkin and brought it home so we can carve it.  I also want to toast the seeds, something I haven't had in years.  I can't wait to dress her up and go show her off to everyone! I will be posting pictures of her in her costume!

I'm so blessed to have a happy, friendly baby.  She really like people.  Everywhere we go people just come up to her and start talking and cooing to her, and she gives a big smile, and sometimes talks back!  I'm hoping she stays this way and doesn't get too shy as she gets older.  Maxine is the best conversation starter.  Much better than her mommy. 

Have a great day everyone!! <3

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy that you are starting new traditions and will hopefully carry on some old ones with Maxine. I know you probably don't remember this but when we lived in Japan, I toasted pumpkin seeds for you and your siblings when you carved pumpkins.

    I know that Mamair would be very proud of you. You can rest assured that she would have loved Aaron. I think he is a wonderful man to you and a great father for Maxine. She would have spoiled Maxine terribly and you most likely would not have been able to fit all the things she got for her in your house. I can picture the way she would have rocked, cuddled, and loved on her.

    ReplyDelete